• Jeff Miner
    Greetings fellow radon pundits. I am trying to get the Tahoe Newborn Radon program (where every new parent goes home with a free radon test kit) started at our local hospital in South Lake Tahoe, CA. The first (hopefully of many!) in California. Does anyone have records of which states have a Newborn Radon Program? I copied mine initially from Pennsylvania and Utah has also helped, but I would like to know if there is a list of states with a current Newborn Radon Program along with the number of participating hospitals. Google is surprisingly silent on the topic.

Thanks,

Jeff Miner
    Radon At Tahoe
    RadonAtTahoe.com
  • Michael Kitto
    Jeff - Many years ago I received a couple of SIRG grants to provide (through the hospital) radon info and test kit to new parents that lived in Zone 1 counties. Although I am now not involved in the program, I am glad to say the program is still continued by the radon section of the NY State Health Dept. (as evidenced by the packages that my new grandchildren brought home from the hospital). - Mike Kitto
  • Cynthia Costello
    Jeff...

Mike is correct. NYS does still have an outreach program for newborns. We have 56 participating hospitals.

Cindy Costello
    NYS Radon Program
  • Jeff Miner
    Thanks Mike. Glad to hear you got the evidence along with your new grand kids!
    Jeff
  • Jeff Miner
    My unofficial tally so far:

States Using the Newborn Radon Program
    as of 8.22.2019
    Participating Test Kits
    State Hospitals per year
    Pennsylvania 100 500
    New York 56
    Utah 16
    Alabama 7
  • Chrystine Kelley
    Hi Jeff- I will be polling all the state radon programs about this today and ask them to let you know if they have a newborn program. Chrys
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Radon ListServ!

Join Radon ListServ Categories that pique your interests and area of expertise.