• Bruce Decker BGIS
    I watched the video and I am a bit confused/concerned about the causal link. I need a MD experienced with Rn illness to confirm. The video said she had fibrosis not lung cancer and it plays out like her family made the link (accurate or not) between her illness/death and radon.

The Mayo Clinic says the following about fibrosis "Pulmonary fibrosis is a lung disease that occurs when lung tissue becomes damaged and scarred. This thickened, stiff tissue makes it more difficult for your lungs to work properly. As pulmonary fibrosis worsens, you become progressively more short of breath. The scarring associated with pulmonary fibrosis can be caused by a multitude of factors. But in most cases, doctors can't pinpoint what's causing the problem. When a cause can't be found, the condition is termed idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis."

I like that the video helps highlight the risk of radon but it is important that causality is accurately stated. My concern is the link the Dr. made may be too much of a reach. We are already fighting disbelief of the risk of radon and improper connections between radon exposure and adverse health affects will only serve to harm progress in changes of opinion.
  • Brian R Gaulke
    Was a reading at the sump meaningful in terms of personal exposure? Is the basement finished? Did the woman spend significant time in the basement? Were any readings taken anywhere else in the home? These and likely others are questions which should have been answered before radon was put on the death certificate.
  • Chrystine Kelley
    I was just sharing the article, it is from North Dakota so you would need to contact them for more info. Chrys
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment