• Chris Herman
    Has anyone had a chance to see this device yet? I see Bill was quoted in the article, but perhaps not specifically relating to this device.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2017/08/07/new-tech-protects-homes-from-invisible-radon-threat.html

It's a great design, if it actually works as advertised. The headline is a little misleading, however. The device can't actually protect a family/home - just notify them if there is a problem. That's our job as measurement and mitigation professionals!

Wireless communication and phone apps are the future of just about every system in a home. It will be interesting to see if this device changes the testing industry. Will it remain the way we've done it for many years, just because that's the way it is and we're comfortable with it, or will it move forward into the future and embrace the new and trending tech?

And then there is still the question of getting the device approved. However, if it's one thing I've learned in business, if you are not meeting the customers' needs and desires, you will be left behind. If you sell something effectively, it often doesn't matter to the consumer if it meets any particular standards - especially if they want it bad enough.
  • ReveAnn Ellrott
    I ordered one when they came out so I could evaluate it. I have clients who like to monitor their radon levels in real time after a mitigation system has been installed. I was unable to get the device to sync with three different phones and returned it. The company credited the return okay, but they didn't reimburse me for shipping costs. I won't be recommending it until they work out the kinks. I see they have a booth at the conference so you will get a chance to play with one.
  • Owen Reese
    The amount of incorrect information in the comments is scary. We clearly have our work cut out for us!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment