• Chrystine Kelley
    Thank you AARST for taking this on! One question/concern I have is will this system post to our email when something new is posted or is this a system where you need to go to the site to check for new discussions? If it is the latter, I do have concerns. I believe one of the problems with the radonleaders saving lives site is the old "out of sight, out of mind". If I am not notified via email that there is something new, I am unlikely to go into the site to just "look around". Just a thought- Chrys
  • Nicole Chazaud
    Hi Chrys, Try going to your Profile, select Edit Profile, and select the options in the last item on the list Set Preferences.
    Also when you land on the main page you can bookmark categories and specific discussions, once book marked - I think - is when you will begin emails in your inbox. Also if you follow a particular person, you will get an email when they post.

Let me know if this works?
    Nicole
  • Chrystine Kelley
    Done, thanks! I will let you know. I got this email from you so that's a good sign!
  • Nicole Chazaud
    and I got your notice in my inbox
  • Kevin M Stewart
    Hi Nicole,
    I am in agreement with Chrystine about the advantage of an email notification.
    Problem is that I have everything checked on topics and profile preferences, but still don't seem to be seeing anything in my email yet. Maybe if you reply here I'll also see a "notice in my inbox" too.
    If there is some way to keep an email provider from filtering out list mail as spam (if that's what's happening) that would be good to learn about as well.
  • Nicole Chazaud
    Hi Kevin, I think there is one more silly step which is to "bookmark" any and all conversations and discussions. Bookmarking is different that clicking the check box next to the discussions. There is a little unfilled star next to each conversation, when you hover you can click and turn on or fill the star, I think this is the real - email notification. Try it, and let me know if you start getting emails. Don't forget to follow people and you will also get notified when ever they post. Following is done by clicking on anyone's photo and a mini menu will come up one of the selections is Follow.
    :-)
  • Kevin M Stewart
    OK, I've now done that... Some thoughts:
    - Dallas may want to add what you just wrote (quite clear, but it took me a while to find where the stars were) to his instruction over on the "To Receive Email Notices of List Serv Posts" discussion if it's necessary for folks to get emails
    - This works for existing threads, but if someone starts a new discussion (which of course we hadn't seen before and so hadn't bookmarked), I'm afraid that Chrystine and I would have the same concern: The only way to know about that discussion would be if we "tuned in."
    - If there's a one-stop way to opt in to "Email me everything that's posted" that would be ideal. If we have to take time to tune in, it will mean some folks will be missing from the discussion who otherwise might have seen what was being discussed and contributed.
  • D Jones
    Thanks Kevin. During our trial, it looked like we were getting notices via email on all posts. I'm trying to figure out what we need to do to make that happen.
  • Nicole Chazaud
    this cam in but it was a starred conversation
  • Kevin M Stewart
    Thanks Dallas,
    For example, I got no email on your Habitat question because it was a new discussion.
  • Admin
    Starting today, new ListServ Updates will automatically be emailed to ALL ListServ members every morning.
  • Admin
    Starting today, new ListServ Updates will automatically be emailed to ALL ListServ members every morning.
  • Admin
  • Leo Moorman
    Ok, did the same as discussed, I found the star at bottom of the list.
    I also wanted to mention I have been automatically de-listed a few days ago from the original Listserve when adding a second answer to one of the posts, which seems to be the same problem we have had for years after a certain number of posts because the AOL platform I use assumes the Iowa listserve emails sent to me are Spam. I tried to work on my side with them but they were adement it is not their fault and it needed to be resolved onteh Iowa side.
    This time the Iowa Listserve auto answer said they had received 4 spam notification return mails from my AOL account since May. The folks in Iowa eventually got around it in the past in some ingeneous way, but I am not bothering Bill with another request at this time because it is towards the end of the Iowa Listserve.
    Just mentioning it that (I expect) the same may happen with this list's response system and not only with me but anyone with an AOL account, and if so an appropriate solution needs to be found.
    FYI This is my first attempt at a post on this new Listserve and we will see how that works out.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Radon ListServ!

Join Radon ListServ Categories that pique your interests and area of expertise.