• Leo Moorman
    This morning an email from USHIA.ORG reached my mailbox, urging me to become certified with this Home Inspection organization. The claim is that the abbreviation stands for "United States Home Inspection Association", with more than a hundred thousand members.
    Normally not a big deal: I would just throw the email in the SPAM box and move on to the next email.
    However they urge to go to a "Report Card on my company", which made it too curious to resist.

They issue clear certification reports for the company on a web page that the company is "NOT CERTIFIED" and urge targeted companies to become certified for $350. The card itself does not say USHIA on it, although somewhere else on the page it does.

A google search revealed no such organization exists and ICAN "who is" search places the owner and registrant in Brazil, although the truth of that info may even be debatable.

This maybe something for AARST or ASHI to look into, as I suspect they are sending this to more radon testing companies and home inspectors. Especially because organizations need to protect themselves from false information on the web. (I am certified with AARST-NRPP.)

Anyone else received these disturbing reports for their company?

Leo Moorman
    Radon Home Measurement and Mitigation, Inc.
  • Bill Watters
    They are more of a way to generate leads than an association, the only option to pay is if you want leads, which are well worth it, but no charge for certification. Not sure where you received the rest of your information as it is inaccurate, their certification is free, not $350
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Radon ListServ!

Join Radon ListServ Categories that pique your interests and area of expertise.