• Tom Weatherly
    Schedule 40 PVC pipe prices are increasing drastically in my area of Northern VA/Washington DC.

https://www.supplychaindive.com/news/resin-costs-plastic-manufacturers-industrial-buyer/605793/

I am curious about the effect elsewhere. As I have to raise prices, I wonder if other mitigators are considering alternatives. There are allowances for using DWV Schedule 20 for interior piping, but it will be subject to the shortages as well. Are any of you looking into alternative solutions?
  • Brian Geswein
    10x3 schedule 40 foam core has went from around $8 (w/quantity discount) to near $18 w/no discount available here. As long as I can still get it I will keep using it and pass along the increase.
  • Steve Green
    Same here, $26.36 for 4” pipe. I don’t believe schedule 20 is allowed anymore by NRPP standards.
  • Robert Mahoney
    Try being a mitigator in Canada $64.00 a stick for sch 40 4” pipe, if you can find it.
    Gas is almost $6.00 a gallon, hence why our systems are $2,500.00 plus
  • JB Evans
    Pipe has gone up 80% for me (actually 120%, then back down). Fittings have just about doubled. Thankful I can adjust pricing week to week with each new home instead of being locked into an annual contract on a large project. I've been surprised that raising my price has not cost me a single job yet.
  • Tom Weatherly
    Based on these and some other conversations, I think we have a consumer surplus to work with for awhile, meaning the maximum price people are willing to pay is a good bit greater that what we have typically been charging.
  • Henri Boyea
    Same here in North Carolina. 10 ft 3" PVC has gone from $10 to $24/stick in the last 6 months.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Radon ListServ!

Join Radon ListServ Categories that pique your interests and area of expertise.