• Kevin M Stewart
    It is with much sadness I report that our family, all of us who work to protect people from radon, has learned of Jay Bauder's passing.

Jay was a true professional who not only was always open to learning, developing a high level of expertise sought out by other experts, but also was kind and generous in sharing his knowledge with others--not that he didn't know when a witty or biting remark might be well-deserved. But more than all of that, Jay had a great heart--for our shared work to fight radon, for his colleagues, and for the people whose lives he worked to save.

For anyone who wants to know the essence of our friend Jay, look no further than this clip from 2014:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnI0Wa0l60M

To those who remember his work on the AARST Board and expert committees, Jay has made his last "Motion to Adjourn," but for once I do not rise to second it.

Below is the obituary from https://lancasteronline.com/

uwuiv6olplidndnl.jpg

Jay F. Bauder

Jay F. Bauder, 61, of Ephrata, passed away on Friday, September 24, 2021, at WellSpan Ephrata Community Hospital. He was born in Lancaster to Fred and Vivian E. (Metzler) Bauder of Akron. Jay was a graduate of Ephrata High School and Millersville University and played football for both. He also played semi-pro football for York Lions.

He was the owner/operator of Bauder Basement Systems and organized benefit motorcycle runs in his free time. In addition to his parents, Jay is survived by 2 sons, Dalton and Clayton Bauder; sister-in-law, Barbara L. (Good) Bauder; and several aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces and nephews.

He was preceded in death by a brother, Joseph C. Bauder. A Life Celebration will be held at a later date.
    A private graveside service will be held in the Laurel Hill Memorial Gardens. If desired, memorial contributions in Jay's memory may be made to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, P.O. Box 1000, Dept. 142, Memphis, TN, 38148-0142 or Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Foundation, P.O. Box 781352, Philadelphia, PA, 19178-1352.

Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com . Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc. 201 Church Avenue, Ephrata, PA 17522 717-733-2472 Plant a tree in memory of Jay Bauder: A living tribute »
    https://tree.tributecenterstore.com/?oId=22480044&source=tn16
  • Gloria Linnertz
    Very sad about Jay's passing--a good friend. So so sorry.
  • Wally Dorsey Jr
    A big loss to the radon community. He was a force of nature and a big teddy bear, as the video shows.
  • Chrystine Kelley
    Such sad news, I will miss Jay's banter :(
  • William J Angell
    I am grateful for the gift of our colleague, Jay. Let's honor his spirit and friendship with others in our radon community and beyond. Thank you, Jay, for your presence,
  • Kyle Hoylman
    Jay was one of the good guys. The world is a better place because of people like him. I'll miss his friendship.
  • John Mallon
    I've known Jay for 20 years+ and considered him a great friend. He's gone way too early. He has left us with some great memories and stories!

“Gone from our sight, but never from our hearts.”
  • Henri Boyea
    Oh, no! Sorry to hear this news: I always looked forward to seeing Jay at Symposium. 7r1rc0flzl529o1p.jpg
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Radon ListServ!

Join Radon ListServ Categories that pique your interests and area of expertise.