• Tony McDonald
    All,
    We are in the process of updating our website and I would like some input for the collective. On your feedback form, do you just get name, phone and short description like our current page, or do you attempt to get more information like this page?
    1. For those who get more information, respondents: (5 votes)
        Fill out the entire form accurately.
        20%
        Fill out the form completely but inaccurately.
          0%
        Only fill in the contact info and leave the rest blank
        40%
        Feel intimidated by the amount of info and just call.
          0%
        Other, Please Specify
        40%
  • Kevin M Stewart
    Hi Tony,
    The Lung Association uses a front "contact us" page that affords people different options, so they can reply in a manner most comfortable to them: http://www.lung.org/about-us/contact-us.html
    The actual form, at http://www.lung.org/about-us/ask-the-american-lung-association/general-questions.html, uses 8 simple fields which people do tend to fill out. Of course, our topic areas are broad enough that a detailed form would probably be unworkable.
  • Tammy Linton
    Hi Tony,
    We actually ask for basic information on our forms. We have several. Name, phone# and email address. And of course what service/question they need or have. We have found that the people will let you know what information they are willing to share online.
    Email tends to be the most popular. Hope this helps
  • Dick Kornbluth
    Our form is more than name, address, ph no and comment but much less than Dr. Moorman's.
    x2egl4n6imrr2eb8.png
  • Callaway And Associates Inc
    We have found that the best way to collect the information needed is to get it on the phone while talking with t he client/prospect.
  • Leo Moorman
    Tony,
    thanks for highlighting my form. Let me not just address your question here but the larger issue what I advise anybody to do if they have this question (anywhere in the world who is on this forum or reads this later in an archived form). It seems to me that there is no universal way to approach your question. Several years ago when I made this form the prevalent idea on websites (of other trades) was to be short and only ask for name and email address. Of course I wanted to try something new. Website consultants consistently advised me against my approach when they saw it. The first thing you need to ask (I asked) is (1) how people use computers (or in general "access" your form) in your target area, which is not static as it may evolve and has evolved over the years. The next is (2) who your target audience is and gear the approach and number of questions towards them. Next (3) there is a certain stock of jobs in your service area and the questions have to be relevant to what you know which jobs are out there within the region you service. Finally (4) there is competition and not everyone in your area should apply the same method to appeal to the same customer. As you can see I am very much against advising anyone to decide the question you ask by a pole as you do above, because in my opinion everyone needs to answer those 4 questions for themselves before jumping into formulating a list of detailed questions. That is why I vote "other", even though I made this form specific to my situation only. It does not mean I am not happy with my form. I just want to caution others that this approach just may not work for everyone.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Radon ListServ!

Join Radon ListServ Categories that pique your interests and area of expertise.

More Discussions