• Henri Boyea
    Checked a radon system for a customer who had gallons of water in his crawlspace. The Builder-installed system had an upside-down fan in the crawlspace. The bottom of the pipe had a roof boot around it, but was sitting on a concrete slab. The vent pipe runs next to the fireplace flue pipe through the attic and roof and terminates next to the chimney flue under the chimney cap. So, the fan pulls water into the crawlspace, pushes radon into the living area, and, if the Owner.built a fire, he would have ash, soot, carbon monoxide, and maybe sparks in there!
  • Adam Michels
    This is why ALL systems should have a RMT number on it. Glad the problem was corrected.
  • Henri Boyea
    Actually, we ran a radon test, which showed that the system is not even needed at the current time. I suggested the homeowner test in the Winter, and tell his Builder to leave radon mitigation to the Professionals!
  • Wally Dorsey Jr
    Practicing medicine without a license is a criminal offense.

Practicing law without a license is a criminal offense.

Building homes without a license is a criminal offense.

Perhaps states should consider locking up this particular breed of jack leg up......oh yeah there'd have to be a licensing program for that.....a program that would both protect the public from this shoddy type of practice and inflict a little pain on those that conduct business that way.
  • Randy Weestrand
    I agree Wally. Here's my plan:
    Step 1: Get certified
    Step 2: Get licensed or accredited by your state
    Step 3: Go to work and follow the standards so you don't lose your accreditation or license.
    Not part of the plan: A licensing scheme that increases costs to consumers, thereby reducing mitigations, thereby increasing lung cancer deaths.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Radon ListServ!

Join Radon ListServ Categories that pique your interests and area of expertise.

More Discussions